- Licensed Medical Physician and Acupuncturist in New York (166488-1A)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
- Diplomate of the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Certified Medical Director, American Medical Directors Association
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, Helms Medical Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Reiki Master, Usui System of Natural Healing
Many people ask themselves if complementary medicine is for them and why use it. “Complementary Medicine” refers to the use of treatments such as acupuncture and reiki in conjunction with Western medicine. It is not meant to be a replacement for conventional medicine. Acupuncture and reiki can be utilized as an adjuvant to Western medical treatments or as preventive therapy.
I believe there is a better way to deliver health care to my patients by blending the best of Eastern and Western philosophies. After practicing Traditional Western Medicine for more than 25 years and being unable to incorporate complementary treatments within the confines of traditional medical facilities, I formed SearchLight Medical. In this environment I will work with your primary care physician or specialist to achieve your state of optimal health.
— Dr. Laurie Mallis